Easter!

Easter is around the corner... where did the time go?????
I made this card to send it to my DD for easter along with some candy I broght her on my trip to UK last week. It´s such a beautiful image... I know she will love this bunny and I´m sure it will steal a smile from her sweet little face.
The overlycute image is from Michelle Perkett, colored with my so loved colored pencils. The patterned paper is from Ginger. I stitched the patterned paper with black embroidery floss and added some glass beads on the bottom line of stitches. Some of these glass beads I glued them on the centers of all the flowers. The yellow flowers were cut with the cricut machine and the purple tiny ones were made with a paper puncher. I added some sparkling by gluing some blue and purple glitter on the blue and purple dots of the patterned paper.
I´m entering this card to participate in Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge blog were we are to use flowers and stitches, and I´m also participating in I love digi Challenge blog were we have to do something for easter.

Last week I was in Cambridge, UK. I went to attend a scientific meeting for 3 days. It was a really nice experience in every sense: the meeting was not a large one so it was easy to have good talks with people of great renown in my field, and share a scientific talk over a pint was something I never done before and I´m so glad I did! sleep in a very old room, and of course the city is amazing, with all that history behind.
I got the chance to visit the college and labs were people made the most important scientific discoveries all there at Cambridge: Isaac Newton developed his Laws of Motion (among so many great discoveries he made!), J. J. Thompson discovered the Electron, James Clerc Maxwell formulated the Unification of Electromagnetism, Watson and Crick developed the Structure of DNA, Charles Darwing formulated the Evolution and Natural Selection Theory... and so on... and so on... I´m so glad I had the chance to make this trip, so full of different emotions and wonder.
I´m posting some pictures to share with you, first Isaac Newton and the house in Trinity College where he was living
the Cavendish Laboratory plates
the amazing Kings College Chapel
the inside of the Eagle pub, where Watson and Crick anounced their 3dimensional DNA model

18 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

Beautiful card Ileana :) Love the image and so fabulously coloured too :) Very pretty !

Thanks for joining us again at I ♥ Digi this fortnight

Elaine x

Momma MC said...

Gorgeous card! I love the stitching, the beads, and the paper! ;-) Great photos too!

Ginger

Tammy said...

This is so beautiful, Ileana!! I LOVE those flowers and you have colored this image perfectly!! I love your coloring!!! Thanks for joining us this week sweetie!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Fabulous girly card and beautifully shaded

Thanks for joining us on I LOVE DIGI :)

Hugs Jane x

Marilyn Webb said...

Another beauty Ileana! Good to have you back. I love this image by Michelle. Amazing coloring.
hugs Marilyn

Pattie G said...

Oh Ileana, this is so cute! I love the spring colors and the stitching on the card. Thanks for joining us again this week at Michelle Perkett's Studio Challenge.

hugs
Pattie

Rhonda Miller said...

Ileana, what a beautiful card. Great job. I love your pictures.

Michelle said...

Ileana!! I love your Easter card!! Its beautifully colored and created! I love the stitching details and the colors!! Your DD will love it!! Your pics are awesome, what a great trip and what amazing history!! Do you believe Sir Isaac Newton once was there?!? How cool is that!!

Thanks for another wonderful entry, Ileana!!:)

Dragonlady said...

HI there

Gorgeous card, great pastel colours. Thank for joining us at I Love Digi.

Hugs Ali x

Poppy said...

lovely image,gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi
poppy

Karin said...

Great coloring job! Love the soft pastel colors! Thanks for playing at I love Digi!

Nancy said...

What a sweet card, Ileana:O) Your colouring is brilliant, and I love those yummy papers and cute flowers. Lovely touch using the small pearls, so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio, good luck!
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Lynne Armstrong said...

Hi Ileana...so nice to have you back :) Your card is STUNNING!! Your daughter is sure to love it. Your colouring is always perfect :) Beautiful!!
Hugs
Lynne

Callie said...

What a fun Easter creation. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi!!

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! I really do love the image!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
Dee (Spryte)

Gina Lindsay said...

Gorgeous Easter card, I really love those flowers. I also love your coloring, you are great with pencils. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Kim said...

AW SO SWEET..A VERY AWESOME CARD ...LOVE THE COLORS AND
YOU DID AND AWESOME JOB..
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...I HAVE BECOME A
FOLLOWER AND WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN ME...
HUGS
CJ
COWGIRL UP DIGI STAMP DESIGNZ
http://stampenwithcj.blogspot.com/
http://stitchybearstamps.ning.com/group/cowgirlupstamps

grandmalee said...

Another brilliant job on this card! Your coloring is so beautiful! Glad you found the gamsol to blend with. I usually use baby oil so I don't have to deal with the smell. We are in the minority of people who aren't using copics. I prefer the colored pencils since you can add so much texture & more with them. I really love your sewing with the beads! Again, that extra special touch!