Having fun

Beware! long post today...
It´s Sunday and I feel wondeful! I could spend some time yesterday on my craftroom and it did me so good...
I made a craft and a card. First I´ll show the craft: this is a pencil holder
I used Goldilocks from Michelle Perkett, it´s a feebie!!! you can find it at her PCP group here and in the kick off Challenge at Crafters Digital Art Center, please join us! we are having fun here.
This was challenging for me, why? because I colored the image with kids markers.
I have a theory: we don´t really need expensive material to create beautiful things, we need to use our imagination and learn how to use all material available, and every material has its own technique. And this is what I try to teach my daughter everytime we do crafts. She is developing and improving her coloring (with a bit of my help) with colored pencils and markers. And this holder´ll be for her
You can see the traces of my coloring, but the general look is better than I expected (I need to learn how to take better pictures!!), and those are the colors I used to color Goldilocks.
Do you remember our trip to Toledo? I showed you a delicious dessert so tipical from this country: cuajada. This "yogourt" comes in some nice clay cups and I used one of them to make this pencil holder.
I decorate it with some ribbons from my stash, butterflies, ladybugs, bees and flowers are from a confetti bag I bought at a party store. The butterflies are on a piece of beading wire strung around a toodpick to turn it into a spring and the flowers are glued on the ribbon.
I have several of these clay cups so I´ll make more, I think they can make great gifts.

And second, my card
I used Birdhouse from Stef (Glitterbabe) that she so generously gave as a freebie here. I colored the image with colored pencils following the challenge set at Colour Q challenge blog.
This one was challenging also because of the color code we have to use, so vibrant for me, but after I finished the card I more than pleased with the result! they look so good! Used some scraps of paper to follow the sketch.
The image is placed on a piece of green cardstock, stitched the top and bottom sides with embroidery floss and some green glass beads. I punched the border and cut it with decorative sissors, and placed it to the card with foam tape. I finished my card decorating a flower with an orange button and a bow made with green embroidery floss.

8 comments:

Saskia said...

Lovely pencil holder!! So creative!

Great card also!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh, Ileana, these are great. I love how your pencil holder turned out. You did such a great job coloring Goldilocks. I agree with you, you don't have to have all the big expensive supplies to create a great project. I love how you colored the birdhouse. TFS.

Michelle said...

Ileana, this is the cutest pencil holder!! OMG, I love it!!:) I just love the bright colors and how you colored her little dress!! Great that you used your cups from Toledo!!:) You little creative thing, you!!!:) Thanks for sharing more of your incredible inspiration with us, Ileana!! The world is a happier place!!!:)

Stef H said...

oh i love your pencil case! and so true about just using our imaginations. sometimes i wonder where mine goes - lol.

and i just LOVE the birdhouse. you do me proud, girlfriend.

check your email for a surprise.

hugs :)

H2 :) said...

Wow Ileana. Your colouring on Goldilocks looks amazing! I'm sure no one would have guessed you used kid's markers. What a lovely holder for your daughter. :)
Your card is also gorgeous. Love all your little details, especially the stitching & beads.

Lynne Armstrong said...

These are both gorgeous projects Ileana! You did a great job with the markers and I'm sure Maria will love the pencil holder :) I love the clay cups...great recycling!
Hugs :)

Antje said...

thanks for your very nice comment on my blog.
Love your pencil holder and great colouring you did with the simple tools - for sure it is not an expensive tool, that makes us good - talent is important, you just proofed it!

Vicki said...

omg!! Your coloring on Goldilocks is amazing...and i really like your take on not having to have expensive tools to craft. You did a great job on this pencil holder project...the clay containers are really neat as well. I saw your card on Glitterbabe's new page...it is really pretty and I love your colors.

HUGS!
Vicki