Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge #37

Time for another fun challenge at Michelle Perkett Studio Challenge blog!
We want to challenge you by making a project using White on white with colored image. And this is what I made to inspire you
This is a white paper lunch bag that I dressed up to be used as a gift bag for a bridal shower since we are in the wedding season!
Something blue... something new... I started coloring Fairy bridesmaid from Michelle Perkett (her Etsy shop here) with colored pencils, added dots of pearl paint and glittered her wings, cut and leave it ready to attach to the front of the bag with foam tape at the very end.
I cut a rectangle of white fiber paper and glued it to a piece of white cardstock (both from my stash). I pierced around the fiber paper and stitched some glass beads with embroidery floss. Once done I glued the cardstock to the bag. I made some swirls with pearl paint starting from a corner where I embellished it with a flower.
To make this flower I used a dollar store white flower I bought a time ago and a handmade made twirled ribbon rose, I followed this video tutorial, it was my first time making a rose and I love how it turned out! I´m going to make more for sure... added a feather and attached the whole flower to the front of the bag.
And on the back I did something similar with the fiber paper and stitched glass beads but I added a tag where to write a personalized sentiment. The tag is made with a PS brush printed on cardstock, cut and dotted with pearl paint.
This was my first time making a project with white only and I loved every second spent in it, it looks so elegant and the image is the focus point (something that I really like). I hope you like my project and join us in the fun this week!

8 comments:

Nancy said...

This is stunning, Ileana:O) Just love the swirls and small pearls, awesome work, hun!!!! Love your colouring of this cutie.
Gorgeous inspiration:O)
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Stef H said...

omgoodness! this is the most gorgeous gift bag i've ever seen!!! wow! girlfriend.... you are fabulous!!!!!!

Catherine said...

What a delicious idea Ileana ! This little bag is so elegant... The image is really sweet and I love all the embellishments you have added... A really stunning creation ! Smiles from Catherine

Michelle said...

OMG, Ileana, this is so beautiful! I love how you colored the little fairy bridesmaid and her blue gloves!!:) Gorgeous flower and pearls and I love the feather!! Thank you for your incredible inspiration, Ileana!!:)

Lynne Armstrong said...

WOW Ileana...this is stunning! Love the white theme and it really does make your image stand out. She is beautifully coloured, as always :) A gorgeous wedding keepsake for some lucky person!
Hugs :)

Unknown said...

Ileana your card is gorgeous!

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

WOW your gift bag is stunning Ileana!! It's beautiful colored and I love all the dots of pearl paint!